Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

chevron stripes

I had been looking at this boring dresser in our bedroom for a year now and I had finally had enough! It's been on my to-do list forever, but it just never got tackled.  Before I began this DIY adventure I really researched and thought out what I wanted to do.  I was so close to just painting some simple gray stripes on it, and then decided to go with something a bit more exciting...chevron stripes! I am so happy with the outcome! It was a little more work than just sticking to simple stripes... but  much more exciting!
Before
I measured half way across each drawer and drew a line so I knew where each stripe was to meet.
I then used a ruler..( I know you are thinking painters tape would be easier- but I actually started with that method, became frustrated and decided to draw with a ruler and hand paint.  Either way works
when I couldn't decide what color for the knobs...yellow was the winner! and goes well with our bedding colors and pattern...
After

our bedding



1 comment: