Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

cloudy with a chance of CAKEballs...

This has been on my list of things to experiment with for a while- To be honest.. I really don't know how all the cake pop bakers out there do it.  They are easy to make until you get to the part where you cover them in chocolate.  It just doesn't go on very pretty.  SO... I decided to give mine a different look. Instead of trying to cover the entire thing, I just drizzled the melted chocolate on the tops and then sprinkled on my toppings! It might not look quite as put together as others out there, but they tasted good!


TO CREATE:
* I used my grandmother's scratch red velvet cake recipe ( most just use a box) and baked it in a 9x13 pan.
* let it cool then using a fork, smash cake into crumbs!( how often can you do that?)

* mix crumbed cake with cream cheese frosting 
1pkg cream cheese
1/2 stick of butter
1tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
2 tsp of flour and approx. 4 cups powdered sugar- or until peaks form.

* form into 1 inch round balls and place on a cookie sheet, refrigerate at least 2 hours
*remove from fridge, melt baker's chocolate and dunk or drizzle (you pick)
*coat with your favorite toppings and let chocolate harden.
* I served them in mini cupcake liners!

No comments:

Post a Comment