Strawberry Cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese frosting:
*1 3/4 cup cake flour
*1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
*2 cups sugar
*1 tbsp baking powder
*1 tbsp sour cream
*3/4 tsp salt
*2 sticks of butter cut into cubes
*1 cup whole milk
*4 large eggs
* about 6 strawberries, finely chopped
* 2 tbsp strawberry jello mix( the powder, not actual jello:)
1.Preheat 325, mix flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt until combined. Then add butter until just coated.
2.Whisk eggs, sour cream, milk, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients in 3 parts, let each mix until incorporated.
3. Add strawberries and jello mix. Mix until combined.
4.bake @325 for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
This recipe makes about 32 cupcakes.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
*1 pkg of cream cheese
*1 stick of butter
*3-4 cups powdered sugar
*2 tbsp of flour
*3 strawberries, finely chopped, and smashed.(if the chunks of strawberries are too big- it won't fit through the piping bag.)
* 1 tsp vanilla
*pinch of salt
1. soften cream cheese and butter, beat together in mixer, add in strawberries, vanilla, and salt.
2. slowly start adding in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time,then the 2 tbsp of flour, beating after each addition.