Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

teach art: relief printmaking

Relief Printmaking is one of my favorite mediums to work with, and I think I have convinced some of my students that they really like it too:) I do printmaking projects with my drawing and painting classes and my AP studio art class.  Each year I change up the assignment a bit. This year each class had a different objective. My AP students worked on the idea of a landscape, and my drawing and painting students created prints based on patterns. They had to create 6 prints total, and one had to be printed on an unusual surface, or texture.Each class used reduction printing methods meaning that in order to create different colors, they carved out more of the printing block for each print of a new color, working from lightest to darkest ink colors.  Although relief prints can be made using lots of different materials, we used linoleum and water- based speedball printing inks. My students learn so much about the art making process during this project!




 








No comments:

Post a Comment